ASAP Acceleration Grant applications will be evaluated by a team of professionals at ChildObesity180 and Tufts University. Reviewers will be considering the following:
- Readiness of Champions and Supporters
- Suitability of Program Selected
- Potential for Impact
Reviewers will evaluate each application with the following questions in mind:
- Is there evidence that the identified Champion and Supporters are likely to be successful in their roles?
- Does this Champion have the support of school administration and others in his/her community to launch this program?
- Does the selected physical activity program appear to be a good match for this school? (Reviewers will consider school size, student needs, existing infrastructure and resources, etc.)
- Is this school ready to incorporate the selected program? (Reviewers will consider the school setting, staffing, school schedule, and other supports).
- Will this program reach children who otherwise may not have opportunities to be physically active?
- Can the school provide access to this program for kids of all ages, abilities, and fitness levels?
- Has this school taken other actions to demonstrate a commitment to student health and wellness?